The collection of postcards housed in the National Library of Russia comprises tens of thousands of items. It includes postcards produced both inside and outside Russia. Postcards are arranged by topic; most of these materials are portraits or views.
Some postcards from the Prints Department' collection are available online and can be viewed via the web.
- IMAGES OF SAINT-PETERSBURG (1900 - 1941)
- SESTRORETSK WITH ITS ENVIRONS (1900 - 1917)
(Suburbs of Saint-Petersburg)
- ACADEMY OF ARTS ON POSTCARDS OF THE 1900s-1930s
- EARLY EASTER POSTCARDS
- EARLY NEW YEAR'S AND CHRISTMAS PICTURE-CARDS
- NEW YEAR'S AND CHRISTMAS POSTCARDS BY ELISABETH BEM
- NEW YEAR'S AND CHRISTMAS PICTURE-CARDS OF THE 1950s - 1980s
- NEW YEAR'S PICTURE-CARDS OF 1957
- WINTER SPORTS
- HAPPY NEW YEAR, SAINT PETERSBURG!
On display is the collage of twenty postcards with winter views of our city.
For a larger image, click on a postcard.
- ST. PETERSBURG ON RUSSIAN POSTCARDS
- POSTCARDS OF THE 1920s - 1930s
540 postcards were selected for the digital library of the Russian-American project Meeting of Frontiers by the National Library of Russia. Digital versions of these postcards, held in the Prints Department, can be found on the web site of the Library of Congress:
Siberian Postcards from 1904 to 1983.