International Activities Department
The International Activities Department coordinates international projects, co-organizes joint events with foreign organizations, develops partnerships with foreign libraries and other institutions, oversees the partner agreements and programmes of the National Library of Russia, collects and analyzes data on the international activities of the library units, prepares consolidated work plans and reports.
The Department members arrange visits of foreign citizens and representatives of national libraries, museums, cultural centers and other foreign organizations to the National Library of Russia.
International contacts of the National Library of Russia cover the following areas:
- participation in the work of international professional organizations;
- implementation of joint projects in collaboration with state and public institutions, funds, consortia of other countries;
- holding of international events in the NLR;
- organization of exhibitions of NLR abroad and arranging foreign exhibitions in our library;
- ensuring the participation of the NLR specialists in international conferences, forums, book fairs and other events;
- enhancement of communication and cooperation among libraries abroad;
- international book exchange.