How to Make a Donation
The National Library of Russia is grateful for your wanting to make a donation, but due to objective reasons we can not receive and store all gifts.
NLR does not take the following publications:
- children's literature (colorings, textbooks)
- books on agriculture
- handmade editions (not printing method)
- disks (CD, DVD), packaged not typographical way
- photocopies of publications, as well as any printed
materials and manuscripts
- edition with unliquidated library stamps
- self-published editions, printed on their own
- prohibited publication of extremist nature, calling for violence, ethnic hatred, etc.
- publication with a large number of handwritten notes, corrections *, with missing pages and/or cover
* Except where handwritten notes themselves have historical value.
To send as gifts such manuscripts and publications you must previously contact with our Department of Manuscripts.
Dear givers, if you wish to donate a book or other publications to our library, please send gift offers to our e-mails.
You can visit us in person or give us your donation by post at the above address, but previously please contact us by e-mail.
The National Library of Russia
Donations Group of the Acquisitions Department,
Room № 75,
18, Sadovaya st.,
The receipt of the donation will be confirmed later by e-mail or with an official letter.