The 8th All-Russian scientific and practical conference “Library collections in the digital era: traditional and electronic resources, acquisition and use.”.
(March 26 – 30, 2018, St. Petersburg)
General sponsor of the conference: Elsevier B.V.
Title sponsor: 100K20 – official representative of Springer Nature in Russia
Conference sponsor: Group of companies “IPRMedia”
The conference is sponsored by METEC Company
Information support: "University Book" - information and analytical journal.
We would like to invite you to participate in the 8th All-Russian scientific and practical conference titled "Library collections in the digital era: traditional and electronic resources, acquisition, and use," which will be held on March 26 – 30, 2018, at the National Library of Russia, St. Petersburg.
Library collection acquisition staff, bibliographers, IT-specialists, other library professionals, publishers, aggregators of electronic resources and company representatives are invited to participate.
National Library of Russia (Information and Bibliographic Department, Acquisitions Department, Library Collection Division of the Scientific and Methodological Department); Russian Library Association (Library Collection Development Division); Elsevier B.V.
The conference program includes:
PLENARY REPORTS AND DISCUSSIONS
FORMATION OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS IN THE DIGITAL REALITY: PRINCIPLE TRENDS
- Russian and foreign book publishing, the market of electronic resources and self-publications: assessments, trends, analysis, forecasts;
- Development prospects of legal deposit system in the digital environment;
- National projects: the current state and development prospects (Federal State Information System «National Electronic Library»; formation of the United Russian electronic knowledge space
- «National subscription to international databases and full-text resources»;
- Digital strategies related to the development of library collections;
- Open access resources in the field of science and education as the subject of current acquisition of scientific libraries.
ACQUISITION OF LIBRARY COLLECTIONS IN THE DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT
- Current models of acquisition;
- Electronic library collections;
- Subscription-based and open access electronic resources: search, selection, trial access, maintenance;
- Libraries’ experience in the acquisition and use of electronic resources. Corporate use of subscription-based electronic resources;
- Internally generated resources;
- Peculiarities related to acquisition of small-circulation scientific literature;
- Organizational and methodological aspects related to the provision of access to electronic resources.
NEW APPROACHES TO THE FORMATION OF MUNICIPAL LIBRARIES COLLECTIONS
- Project activity;
- Cooperation between publishers and libraries in the acquisition of library collections;
- Award-winning publications;
- Crowdfunding platforms;
- Donation actions, purposeful work with gifts and donations
EXPERT MEETING OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PRODUCERS AND USERS OF EDUCATIONAL ELECTRONIC RESOURCES (APPOER);
- Electronic educational resources in Russia: the current state of the market, recent developments of the leading electronic library systems;
- Contribution of the electronic library systems in providing educational process in accordance with the Federal State Educational Standards of Higher Education (3 +, 3 ++);
- Russian electronic educational resources in inclusive education: technologies, development projects, problems and prospects;
- Mutual integration experience of Russian electronic educational resources and detection systems of borrowings.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO LIBRARY COLLECTIONS DEVELOPMENT
«Library collections recordkeeping procedures with comments and attachments»: relevant commentaries on the application practice.
- Recordkeeping of the "games" in library collections;
- Simplification of recordkeeping forms used for electronic network resources;
- Recordkeeping of electronic network resources in the form № 6-NK and in other forms of statistical recordkeeping;
- The contract system of state procurements is again in the focus of the Government's attention: new transformation is coming;
- New National Standards of Russian Federation (GOST) titled “Digital libraries. Basic types. Structure. Technology related to the development of digital libraries”; project of the Standard titled "The acquisition profile of scientific libraries’ collections".
TRAININGS AND PRESENTATIONS OF FOREIGN AND NATIONAL ELECTRONIC RESOURCES (INCLUDING ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATES)
Registration of training participants will be organized during the days of the Conference.
An exhibition of publishing products, information products and library equipment will be held as part of the Conference.
In order to participate in the conference please fill out a registration form.
The conference program will be available on the Conference website.
No participation fee is charged to libraries and public institutions representatives.
Participation fee for publishers, aggregators, and company representatives is 1,000 rubles (including VAT 18%) for each participant from the company.
For registration it is necessary to fill out an application form for participation in the conference and exhibition, an application form for publishing in the exhibition catalogue, a registration form for each participant from the company (registration form of the participant).
Application forms for participation in the exhibition are accepted until March 12, 2018.
Registration is open until March 12, 2018 at the website of the NLR.
Please send the title of your report or presentation and its brief summary (in .doc file format to email ) by March 1, 2018 for inclusion in the conference program. Later submissions will not be accepted. Conference materials are going to be published on the NLR website. We kindly ask you to save copies of used in your presentations images in .jpg format with a resolution of 300 dpi.
To publish your reports in the collection of materials of the conference, please send their copies and an accompanying letter with the information for publication (abstract, keywords, etc.) until April 1, 2018 in .doc format at: .
Publication requirements are set out in Annex No. 1. A license agreement for placing publications in the NLR Digital Library and in the Russian Science Citation Index (RSCI) database will be sent to authors who have provided the copies.
Online web-casting and audio/video recording of the meetings are planned at the conference for further publication of meetings transcripts.
This information letter does not present itself as a public offer. The conference organizing committee reserves the right to select reports and presentations for inclusion in the conference program.
March 26, 2018 – Arrival. Check-in at hotels.
March 27 - 30, 2018 – Conference.
March 31, 2018 – Cultural program. Check-out. Departure.
For questions regarding the conference program please contact:
191069, St. Petersburg, Sadovaya ul., 18.
Library Collection Division of the Scientific and Methodological Department, the National Library of Russia
Irina Vsevolodovna Eidemiller
Acquisitions Department of the National Library of Russia
Tatyana Viktorovna Petrusenko
Tel. : (812) 310-81-73, (812) 718-86-54
Information and Bibliographic Department of the National Library of Russia
Elena Valeryevna Braunova
Tel.: (812) 310-24-03
Anna Yuryevna Talya
Tel.: (812) 310-96-76
For questions regarding participation of publishers and companies in the conference and the exhibition:
Irina Vsevolodovna Eidemiller,
For questions regarding hotel accommodations and cultural program:
Zlata Nikolaevna Gravshina